It’s finally sweater weather here in Texas! As much as I hate the cold (I still blow dry my jeans in the morning!) I love layering up clothes (probably because I don’t have to suck in as much), and eating a big bowl of hearty soup. One of my favs is good ol’ Olive Garden’s Toscana soup. I found a copy cat recipe that little man gobbled up, and if you know my kid, he is such a good little Asian child and only likes rice. Dinner time is such a stressful time of day for me bc all my kid will eat is carbs and is on a 24/7 food strike against veggies and protein!
This recipe is modified from the amazing Pioneer Woman, and came out just as tasty. I omitted the half and half and whole milk and just used the heavy cream.
- 2 bunches Kale, Picked Over, Cleaned, And Torn Into Bite Sized Pieces
- 5 whole Red Potatoes, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1-1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (more To Taste)
- 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Of Heavy Cream
- Black Pepper To Taste